To instill a habit of saving, and to give your children a head start in building a strong financial foundation, we offer the SDB Lakdaru children’s savings account at SDB. Through SDB Lakdaru, parents are able to empower and encourage their children to realize their dreams through solid financial planning and management, complemented with scholarships and gift schemes.
- An additional 1% interest rate over the standard 4% interest rate for SDB savings accounts
- Hospitalization cover of up to Rs. 50,000/= valid for 01 year, for account holders who maintain a minimum account balance of Rs 15,000/-
- Private Hospitalization – Rs.5,000/= per day up to 10 days (maximum Rs.50,000/=)
- Government Hospitalization – Rs.3,500 /= per day up to 20 days (maximum Rs.50,000/=)
- An attractive rewards scheme for children who excel at the Grade 5 Scholarship, GCE (O/L) and GCE (A/L) Examinations Click Here
- An attractive gift scheme based on savings balance as follows
- A Lakdaru account can be opened for children below the age of 18 by a parent or guardian (Sri Lankan citizen) over the age of 18.
A minimum initial deposit of Rs. 500/=
- A duly filled account opening application
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the national identity card / passport / driver’s license of parent or guardian
- Address verification document (i.e. copy of fixed utility bill, bank statement, etc) if current postal address differs from the national identity card or identification document