As Sri Lanka’s leading partner in national development, we at SDB understand the significant role we play in ensuring the aspirations, hopes and dreams of a future generation are met through meticulous financial planning and management. So if you are part of Sri Lanka’s younger generation of new thinkers and entrepreneurs aspiring to reach your fullest potential, SDB aims to complement your ambition for success by helping you develop and maintain a strong financial strategy with our SDB Jawaya youth savings account.
- Multiple convenient digital banking platforms such as SDB Mobile App, SMS Banking, Business Internet Banking, UPay and mCash
- A special interest rate of up to 6% per annum
- A SDB Dayada Children’s Investment Certificate on the birth of a child OR a voucher worth Rs. 4,000/= to purchase clothing / footwear or training / instruments for account holders who maintain an account balance of Rs 100,000/- for 24 months
- Low interest loans for small and medium scale entrepreneurs
- Capacity building, self-employment and skills development training for entrepreneurs
- Special personal loans for account holders with confirmed employment (permanent employee cadre) in either the Government or private sector
- SDB VISA debit card that can be used at any SDB ATM or any other VISA ATMs across the country. The debit card can also be used to purchase goods and services at any VISA merchant outlet island-wide.
- A Jawaya savings account can be opened by Sri Lankan males between the age of 18 - 55.
- A minimum initial deposit of Rs. 500/=
- A duly filled account opening application
- Copy of the national identity card / passport / driver’s license for identification
- Address verification document (i.e. copy of fixed utility bill, bank statement, etc) if current postal address differs from the national identity card or identification document