Western Union transfers (remits) money to beneficiaries enabling them to collect cash from any SDB Branch. SDB is a sub agent of MMBL. It is our great pleasure to do nearly 1000 transactions per month. Most of the Sri Lankans living overseas send their earnings through Western Union Money Transfer to Sri Lanka.
The beneficiary (receiver of the funds) can approach any SDB branch and obtain the funds on production of his/her identity and the MTC number given by the sender.
Features and Benefits
- Fast, reliable and guaranteed service
- Convenient agent locations
- Convenient tracking system
- A Bank Account is not required to carry out transactions
How to receive Money via Western Union
- The sender can go to a Western Union Location anywhere in the world and deposit the Money and get a “Money Transfer Control Number” (MTCN).
- The sender then gives the MTCN (which is a 10 digit number) to the receiver.
- The receiver may come to any SDB branch and produce this MTCN to them.
- The receiver is asked to fill a simple “TRM” (To Receive Money) form and within a few minutes the money will be given to the receiver without any charges or deductions.
- Receiver must have a valid ID
- The receiver filled and signed the “To Receive Money” form
- Receiver must provide ALL of the following information
- Name of Sender
- Name of Receiver
- Country from where the money has been sent
- Expected Amount (approximately) MTCN (10 Digit Ref-Number)
- NIC (Only issued by the Sri Lanka Government).
- The following are valid for foreign citizens: Passport (With a valid Visa).
- Sri Lankan Driver’s License (All IDs must have the bearer’s photograph, and should also remain valid in case the ID has an expiry date).
- Duly completed application form.
Contact your nearest SDB branch
Call 0115 411 411