SDB’s financial services extend to international money transfers through Western Union, facilitating seamless money transfers from over 200 countries and territories. Remittances from Sri Lankans overseas can be collected at any of our SDB branches island-wide. We are a duly registered corporate sub agent of MMBL Money Transfer (Pvt) Ltd, the primary agents for Western Union in Sri Lanka.
Features and Benefits:
- No bank account required to carry out Western Union money transactions.
- Fast, reliable and secure monetary transaction.
- Convenient and easy access through island-wide branch network.
- Efficient money tracking system.
Steps to Follow when Transferring Money via Western Union:
- The sender deposits money at any Western Union agent locations across the globe, and is allocated a unique ‘Money Transfer Control Number’ (MTCN) upon payment of transaction service fee.
- The MTCN is then communicated by the sender to the receiver in Sri Lanka.
- The receiver then visits one of our island-wide SDB branches and produces the MTCN at the Western Union counter.
- The receiver is requested to complete a simple ‘To Receive Money’ (TRM) form with the below mandatory information:
- The money will be handed over to the receiver in a few minutes following the form submission.
- No additional charges or deductions are made from the receiver.
o Name of sender
o Name of receiver
o Country from where the money is being sent
o An approximation of expected amount
o The MTCN (10 digit transaction reference number communicated by sender)
o Signature of receiver
- Sri Lankan citizens or foreign nationals with proof of identity together with the specific Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- A duly completed ‘To Receive Money’ (TRM) form.
- For Sri Lankan citizens: Valid national identity card / passport / driver’s license for identification, with the identification document carrying a clear image of the bearer.
- For foreign nationals: Valid passport with a valid visa, with the identification document carrying a clear image of the bearer.