SDB PLC will be the apex bank of the co-operative sector and a leading partner of national development with a global focus.
By providing high quality innovative and competitive financial products and services, offered through the best customer friendly channels, assisted by cutting edge technologies, with a team of diverse talents working in synergy to provide a total solution to our stake holders and operating in a culture of learning and continuous value creation, we strive to become the most responsible financial institution in Sri Lanka.
- To foster and maintain the highest ethical standard at all levels of the Bank and its agencies in dealing with customers, stakeholders and competitors.
- To be innovative and demand-driven in providing financial services.
- To be courteous and professional in all business activities.
- To avoid discrimination on the grounds of religion, sex, ethnicity, social status and language.
- To refrain from extending financial services for unethical and illegal pursuits.
Nature Of Ownership And Legal Form:
A public quoted company with limited liability, incorporated under the Companies Act 17 of 1982 and re-registered under Companies Act No.07 of 2007 and registered as a Licensed Specialized Bank by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, under the Banking Act No 30 of 1988 (as amended by the Banking Amendment Act of 1995.) and approved Credit Agency under the Mortgage Act No 06 of 1949 as amended by the Mortgage (amendment) Act No 53 of 1949 and Trust Receipt Ordinance No.12 of 1947.